Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Can I has a penny?

Our sweet little Wes has two obsessions. Well, that I can think of right now. It's nice to have just the two I guess, that way you can really really obsess without splitting yourself too many ways.

Wes LOVES legos.

Wes LOVES money.

I'm not sure which he loves more. The money buys the legos; he loves the legos so he needs the money. So it's sort of a chicken/egg conundrum type of a thing.

Wes also has what I consider to a bit of an old codger habit. I don't know why I think this when he says these words, but it just seems like he's too young to be thinking that way. It probably has some far deeper meaning, or far shallower. You decide.

If you ask Wes to stop, or come, or do fill in the blank and he will either say, "just a sec" or "just a minute." ALWAYS.

Yesterday Kevin emailed me this joke for Wes. It's too perfect.

Joe climbs to the top of Mt Sinai to get close enough to talk to God. Looking up, he asks the Lord, "God, what does a million years mean to you?"
The Lord replies, "A minute".
And Joe asks, "And what does a million dollars mean to you?"
The Lord replies, "A penny."
Joe asks, "Can I have a penny?"
The Lord replies, "In a minute".


Predictably, Wes, who loves a joke just about as much as money and legos, thought it was hilarious.

He made one comment though,"Why is his name Joe? That's a stupid name!" 

snake eyes

Oh, yeah. Make that a third obsession. BOARD GAMES. This is from last night which is the first night of a marathon Monopoly challenge. So 'cited. (Looks like Joe is hovering over Wes' head.)

(If you're a Joe, I apologize for any lack of sensitivity. You can't help what your Mama named you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment