Wednesday, March 21, 2012

one card-two challenges

As promised, I've made another card for not one, but two, challenges. (As you were probably able to deduce from the title of this post.) I struggled some with this one; not because the challenges were difficult, but for some reason things would not come together as I wanted them to. For example, my razzleberry, {the color challenge}, just isn't razzleberry enough. Oh, I could go on and point out various faults, {this card is not my fave}, but that just draws attention to them, right? I continue to feel so out of my league! BUT, these lil problems won't stop me from continuing on with my mad card crafting obsession. mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha






The newest phase of my obsession is shopping for supplies; be it online, archiver's, and for the basics, hobby lobby. (I miss Robert's so much!) (Heaven help me if I lived any closer to archiver's.) Also I think I need to experiment with copic markers and stamps. Perhaps my tole-painting skills from YEARS ago will turn out to be useful, although it still seems pretty intimating. But in the words of Pablo Picasso, (which I'm truly trying to embrace):

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it."


ps. Thanks to all who leave such lovely comments. I really, really appreciate it! 

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Mary! The distressing is awesome! Copics are expensive, but I love them! If you buy the colors the right way they practically blend themselves - LOL! I'm sure your previous skills will serve you well! Love how you used the sketch ad colors!!! Thank you so much for playing with us at the colourQ and RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job combining the 2 challenges Mary! I'm loving the worn look your card has. The colors are vibrant and really beautiful together! So glad you played along with us at Retrosketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! I love your distressing and stitching. :)
    I find I have trouble with the razzleberry too. I can never find just the right colour. I may have to break down and just order that colour!!
    Thanks for joining us for both the Retrosketches and ColourQ challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Mary, what a fun card, good job with the colors. Thanks for joining us this week for the ColourQ challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card, great job on both challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, that darn Archivers! I feel the same way, and I am really bad about "collecting" supplies, too! Love the happy polka dots on your card! thanks for playing at ColourQ this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the texture you've added to this card with the stitching and distressed edges. Plus those polka dots are just plain fun! I miss living near an Archiver's (we moved to MA 4 years ago and don't have any here), but it's better for my wallet since I would "collect" patterned paper that I would never use!
    Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete