Monday, April 25, 2011

Spring Breakation Twenty Eleven

Wes' Spring Break=Perfect Timing

When we first received Mike's Retirement Announcement announcing that he would be retiring as a Colonel from the United States Marine Corps, (my apologies if my wording is incorrect), we were somewhat discouraged and doubted we'd be able to go because frankly, Wes has missed so much school this year that we darest not take him out of school to go to California. 

Even if we drove down just for the Ceremony Wes would still have to miss too many days. 
But woo to the hoo... upon closer inspection I noticed that the Retirement Ceremony was April 14th, and you guessed it,
that was the Thursday of the week of...

Spring Break!!

(I excel at building up the suspense, do you not agree?)

Therefore, in the spirit of practicalism, we made the decision to hit Disneyland while in So Cal. 
It was just gonna be Kevin, Wes and I going, but first Jessie said she wanted to go, and then Jake said he wanted to go and I always want the whole family together, (Kristen also wanted to go but it was definitely not a possiblity for her), so of course I too wanted them to go on this vacation. 
Turns out Jake had a test he could not miss, but Jessie managed to work it out so she could come with us. (Not so sure if that was a good idea really, (school reasons), but what's done is in the past.) It was a blast to have her with us. I was a happy Mama-face, don't you just know it? I also Jessie made Disneyland a katrillion times more fun for Wes. 
(I should title this post "to go")
(But I'm not going to)

Anydizzle
Here are some crack photos from our trip.
When you take 200 very sub-par at best photos it really becomes difficult to choose just a few to share.
(Remember the sucky camera advice from the last post)

Also, remember this is The Family Buckner take on the happiest place on earth.
nuff said.



LET THE ORIES BEGIN!
I promise that the sign that Jess and Wes are blocking said "Disneyland" when I snapped the photo. Never mind that they're sideways and the a hundred yards away from the sign. 
This was taken on 4/10/2011 fyi. 
It was Sunday, so we just walked around real reverent like.

Below is Wes in heaven, er, I mean, the Lego Store, which we found, to our great happiness, is located in DISNEYLAND, negating any need to go to LEGOLAND!!

If you know anything you know what I'm talking about.
Otherwise you don't care.
Look closely at what the "Try Me" box is doing... super fun.


LEGOMANIAC
OLD FOLKS

Taking a good picture of Kevin and I is just not possible. That's all I got to say about that.


RAWRRRRRR
Can I just say I LOVE Wes' face in this shot!! 
I LOVE Wes' face in this shot!!
Some people are just so much more in tune with their surroundings.
Jess is in tune with looking good in every single photo she's in.


JUNGLE JUXTAPOSITION 
Another fave. 
Such a beautiful day it was.


I call this Woman trying to hide saggy neck
Need I say more?
Other than Why?


Miles of Smiles
This is the line for "California Screaming"
Wes really wasn't nervous... just posing.
Kevin and I rode the rollercoaster 2 times and
Jess and Wes, 3. 
Super duper fun.



I should know why this picture is special, but I don't. 
They sure look cute though.

PETRIFIED RAWRRRRRR
I thought it was awesome that the dino bones were found so conveniently next to Thunder Mountain. I don't know why I'm surprised, it is Disneyland after all.

*****
Last but not least, the Oceanside Harbor.

I feel terrible about the picture taking aspect of this part of our breakation.
Because Mike's (and Lynne's) Ceremony was just so wonderful.
They let us stay for two nights in their beautiful home and we had a great time. Tree house, fantabulous breakfast, (thank you Lynne!), Beautiful views, Bee Invasion, Chatting. 
(for Jess it was mostly homework... not fun for her) 

The best part of all was Thursday Night. 
The worst part is I have no pictures and really no way to describe it right now. 
So much emotion packed into that special evening. 
Once again, thank you to Mike and Lynne. 
Maybe I ought to tell them about this blog. 
hmmmmmm. 

doh.


Oceanside Harbor

1 comment:

  1. awwwe! good post! it was a fun week:) where's the ruth's chris photos though!? :)

    ReplyDelete