Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Le Restaurante

In the interest of meeting the needs and requests of my readership 
I present our evening of dining at Ruth's Chris.
Is that the dumbest name for a restaurant or not?
Think about it.
Mary's Kevin?

(Sean Hannity explained the meaning behind the name numerous times. I still think it's strange.)
(Even stranger is the fact that I listened to his radio show at all.)
(All he did for me was to send me into an apoplectic fit.)

There's not much I can say about these photos.
And trust me, you will not understand them either.

ps The lighting was too weird for me and the camera to work with. I blame the camera.


FYI I do not have a fetish for salt and pepper.
you'll understand

Chipmunk Mouth








It's hard to choose a favorite. Sorry.

This was the last night we were in the land of Disney. Ruth's Chris just happened to be in our hotel parking lot, a fact that Kevin noticed immediately upon our arrival and since he really never had a birthday dinner he decided that was where we'd celebrate. Well, his birthday had nothing to do with anything, other than making us all feel a little less guilty. 

We were plumb tuckered out after our LONG day of speeding through the Park, (something maybe I'll talk about at another time), and I thought we'd just eat in our hotel room. I wasn't especially hungry since I'd just devoured a bag of kettle corn. Something I despaired at finding in the Park and at the last minute did, and also something that tastes much better in theory than reality.

But when the subject of dinner came out Kevin and Jess got all excited about going to Ruth's Chris. (I don't think I can type that name even one more time, so I'll just call it the restaurant from now on.)  I, however, balked at the idea cuz I had kernels coming out my ears, haha, pun intended, and of course all Wes wanted to eat was a Subway Sandwich. Besides I was wearing my crap Disneyland clothes and looked and felt gross and definitely didn't feel like changing. Like any other day, really.

I protested on the grounds that what I was wearing was too casual, but no, K & J were all like, oh, you look fine. Whatever. I didn't change my clothes, but they did. The sneaky little buggers. And I looked like a frazzled bumpkin. And YES it did matter. Maybe in Hickville Utah you can get away with wearing capris and flip flops every single place you go, including the ballet, (not that I would even do that which is surprising considering my low standards), but in real cities, not so much. 

But our money is as good as anyone else's so we were allowed to eat. Thankfully the restaurant was very dimly lit, and I sorta covered myself with the tablecloth once we sat down. 

I am SOOOOOOOOO NOOOOTTTT a steak person so I totally don't get what's so great about The Restaurant... but apparently it was good stuff. No worries, I ate more than my fair share of other yummy food. So much so that I thought my intestines were going to implode.

Now that would've been a pretty picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment