Thursday, April 21, 2011

Post #3

I just made my blog PUBLIC. To my kids.

Well, it's open to anyone... so if you're anyone, WELCOME.

Hi kids.

****

Earlier this afternoon my mom called. This isn't news in itself, but the problem is is that she had no memory of us talking just a couple of days ago. I didn't realize this at first, but when she asked me about Mike's retirement ceremony as if it was the first time we'd talked since I'd gotten back home, well, it kind of shook me up.

I felt bad, but I knew I had to tell her. I had to tell her flat out that we'd had the conversation already. This isn't the first time she's forgotten this or that, but this was an entire phone call, a recent one, and she had no memory of our talking. I could tell she was embarrassed. Should I have NOT told her, and spared her feeling badly?

So as surely as I knew I had to tell her, I am not so sure I should have.

The phone call didn't go well after that anyway. It hurts so much to see her losing herself. I do not know what to do.

I could take this topic and worry it to death. Which I will another day, or days. You have to get to a certain spot in your mind in order to think about it objectively. I'm speaking for myself of course. And there's no way I will ever be objective about this. I can feel the emotional orchestra tuning up right now.

Post #4 will have a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment