Wednesday, January 18, 2012

challenges

No the problem with blogger is not solved. I give up. At least until I get some solid, workable advice.

What I've done is this. Added another email and replaced the old one that linked to this blog's profile. Now when I follow another blog it should link to here. I've no idea nor do I care why that other blog is still showing up. It was just driving me plain crazy trying to figure out what was/is going on. Google really does need to come up with a better system to let us, the personal blog blogger with limited knowledge on how blogs work, to get answers to our questions. Or maybe actually answer the one I left on the help forum. 

Oh bother. 

Of course I don't mean to blog about that mess. 

I mean to blog about other types of challenges.

Card making challenges.

You see, there are eleventy billion scrapbook, card making, and/or paper crafting blogs. I find several new ones a day. And here I thought I was so unique. 

Well, what I have learned about are blogs specifically dedicated to card making 'challenges', i.e., different types of ideas to act as a springboard to base your card upon. 

I must admit that I do a lot of copying when making my cards. It truly is the sincerest form of flattery I can think of and I hope that's okay. There are just SO many talented card makers! I'm just learning and there is SO much information, and seriously, there are times I go to bed thinking about CARDS! 

So. Okay.

This first card is another 'differently folded' one I tried. 
And that would be why there are so many photos.  
Speaking of, I may need to start using the real camera. But my phone is just so handy and I am so lazy.






And here is yet another Valentine card! This style as I mentioned last time is one I'm really working on. I love the distressed look from the ink to the stamps. I have a long ways to go to get any good at this technique. I used Glossy Accents on the hearts as you can see in the 2nd picture. Yeah, it is sloppy. So much to learn and practice.




I love this wedding card, (or it could be any type I suppose), and I almost totally copied this from a photo I pinned. I'm actually going to use this card, (gasp!), so that's good.



As I mentioned, there are several different types of challenges to pick from, (if you so choose), out there in card making blog land. What you are supposed to do is link back to them, but I'm still not sure I'm ready for that! As usual, I am completely intimidated by all the talent out there. 

That being said, on this next card I used two different card challenges:

January 16, 2012 http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/



and

ColourQ challenge #119 http://colourq.blogspot.com/




Thanks for indulging me in my creative attempts. 

<3



No comments:

Post a Comment